Demography, the study of populations, is a perplexing thing. In one country, women greatly outnumber men; in others, it’s the other way around. The balance is shifted by migrants, housing crises, and even a culture’s mentality.
– In Norway, there are 12 thousand more men than women. Although, historically, the number of ladies always prevailed in this northern country, the tables were turned in 2011.
– Not as many Icelanders emigrate abroad nowadays compared to the past. But those who do are mostly men. Even so, the number of males still significantly trumps that of the females.
– In Canada, the difference in the number of men versus women is even bigger: there are 250,000 more guys than girls. This has to do with the fact that women there often move to other countries for work and don’t come back to their homeland.
– There are 104 men to 100 women on this friendly warm island. And even though there are a lot of female immigrants arriving each year, there’s still a shortage of women in Cyprus.
– Would you have guessed that there are 34 million more men than women in China? A lot of people put the reason for this down to the government’s former one-child policy and stemming from that, sex-selective abortions and abandoned baby girls.
– Each year Finland hosts the Wife Carrying World Championship. Yep, it’s a real thing! Look it up! As you can understand from the name, husbands carry their better halves through an obstacle course. The fastest man gets as much beer as his wife weighs.
– Italian women rarely see themselves as housewives and are more focused on building a career, if not in Italy, then abroad. That’s why young ladies often move to other countries to work or study, leaving gorgeous Italian guys to live the single life.
– The second Scandinavian country on our list, Swedish men now outnumber their female counterparts for the first time since 1749, the time when the first census was collected! Women used to be in the majority here, until recently.
– In India, there are 110 men for every 100 women under the age of 24. In January 2017 there were 44 million more males than females.
– Even more surprising, on questions of gender equality, the Swiss lag behind most of the countries of Western Europe. You would think that this nation would respect their ladies’ equal rights: after all, for 105 males, there are only 100 females.
– In England, young ladies here have great careers and go abroad to develop their skills even more. As a result, these brainy English babes have left the men to fend for themselves at home!
So, where would you go to save the lonely hearts of handsome guys? Reveal this secret in the comments below!
Music: Technology Feels Good – HookSounds is licensed under a Creative Commons license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit: